Setup / Reset Password to Student Email
This link takes you to the KCTCS account activation system.
This link takes you to the KCTCS student and faculty password reset system.
Note: The link above automatically updates your password for BOTH your student Email account and your PeopleSoft account.
Here's what you will need to do:
1. Enter your last name (If prompted) and your KCTCS Student ID Number. Your Student ID Number is your emplid number assigned to you by PeopleSoft (not your Social Security Number) and is printed on your registration form.
2. After confirming your identity, the system will supply you with your E-mail Address and User Name and will ask you to create a Password:
Note: Write down your User Name, Email Address and Password you create for future use. No one else has access to your Password.
Note: Your user name and password is the same for both email and PeopleSoft access. Passwords can not be reset unless proper photo identification is shown per the FERPA Act.
Note: Every 90 days, you will need to REPEAT THIS PROCESS
to re-activate/re-set your account and create a new password.
PASSWORDS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES:
- Passwords cannot contain all or part of the user’s name.
- Passwords must be at least eight characters in length.
- They must contain characters from three of the following four categories:
1. English uppercase characters (A through Z);
2. English lowercase characters (a through z);
3. Base 10 digits (0 through 9);
4. Symbolic characters (examples: ! $ # %).
**Examples: Mustang99 Golfer05 !student1 college*1
- Passwords must be significantly different from prior passwords.
Note: Remember to always close the Web browser after you have completed activation/reactivation or logged into your account in order to assure that no one else can access your information.
3. Access your KCTCS student e-mail account and enter your user name and password. Check your KCTCS student e-mail account regularly. Official announcements, grades, and financial aid information will be sent to your account that will not be mailed to you in any other format.
Q. What if I still cannot access my KCTCS E-mail account after following these instructions?
A. If you have completed all of the above steps and still cannot access your Email or self-service, please bring your Photo ID and visit any of the following office where we will assist you in changing your pass-word. Somerset North STAR Center, Library, Cooper Lab or Information Technology office: London Star Center or Computer Lab, or the Administrative offices at the McCreary, Clinton, or Russell Springs centers.